Ideal for commuting, where you do not want to go offroad. One of the advantages of the BBS02 is a good chainline.
- Bafang mid drive motor bottom bracket mounted
- Upgraded 3077 MOSFETs in the controller to make the BBS02 more reliable than ever
- Bottom bracket compatible with 68-73mm bottom brackets (most standard bikes)
- Choice of chain ring in sizes 44,46,48 or 52 tooth chain wheel
- Thumb throttle (twist throttle which can be purchased
- Ebrake handles which cut off the motor when depressed
- Color Display DPC-18
- 25 amp controller (built into drive system)
- Everything you need to convert most bikes
Optional extras are:
- Bafang Hydraulic and Disc Brake Sensors E-Brake (Pair)
- Programming Cable
- Left and right hand twist throttle
- Under 5 kilos but packs a big punch
- Can be programmed from 250 watts up to 1400 watts
- Affordable and powerful mid drive conversion kit
- 25 amp upgraded MOSFET controller (up to 1300 watt with 52 volt battery)
- 44, 46, 48 or 52 tooth main sprocket of your choice
- Turn almost any bike into a high-end mid drive ebike for a very affordable price
The Bafang drive mounts in place of your current bike’s bottom bracket and replaces your bike’s crank set and front derailleur if you have one.
Your donor bike must have 68-73mm bottom bracket width. That means this kit will bolt onto almost any bicycle. But not fat bikes. We have the BBSHD which is 1000W nominal 1500W peak and will work with fat bikes 100-120mm bottom brackets BBSHD located here.
Many people have found that the Bafang can actually be mounted to many types of trikes, which can be fun since many trikes are not good candidates for hub motor kits.
Maybe you have an old donor bike laying around you want to convert, or maybe you are wide open to which bike to buy and install this kit on.
If you are also shopping for a bike to install this kit, that is perfect. We recommend you pick a bike that is known to be compatible with this drive and has no known issues. Ideally a build report has been written.